Post Date: September 19, 2019
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Position Location: Position open in Columbia, MD
Technical leadership role, aiding with the architecture, development, updating, maintenance, and troubleshooting of internal applications throughout PCTEST. Working with internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects. Provide technical guidance and code reviews for the SW Team and hybrid engineers. Actively seeking to expand the ways in which the SW Team can improve company workflows through the development of software.
- Provide development support
- Write well organized, stable, efficient code
- Respond to emails and messages in a timely manner
- Confirm that all software development is properly documented
- Document all SW development and track progress in task/issue management system
- Aid in the updating, maintenance, and troubleshooting of ongoing applications
- Respond to issue tickets as needed
- Architect SW solutions
- Analyze the compiled requirements
- Determine and recommend the best tools for development
- Architect the coding structure that will allow for the various phases and milestones of the SDLC
- Coordinate with other departments and third-party vendors
- Provide guidance and feedback throughout the SDLC with all parties involved
- Collaborate with IT for the deployment of applications
- Research platforms
- Stay up to date with the latest changes on development platforms, languages, and
packages used to create PCTEST SW
- Research new platforms, languages, and packages to potentially leverage for PCTEST SW development
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or Engineering required from an ABET accredited or equivalent institution or higher.
- 5+ years experience of full-stack development, documenting, and supporting software applications with frameworks such as Django and React (Redux, Material-UI), with deployment on AWS.
- 2+ year of leading and mentoring developers in SDLC.
- Knowledge of Database theory, algorithm, and data structure design in SQL and PostgreSQL.
- Intimate knowledge of data sciences with Python.
- Solid organizational skills, ability to think critically, systems optimization acumen, team oriented, attention to detail, self-motivated, high drive for results, ability to work in high stress environments, experience with Agile/SCRUM Methodology.
- Understanding of the importance of good source control, following practices of the Gitflow workflow.
To apply for this job please visit pctest.com.