This position provides engineering, testing, evaluation, and analysis of RF wireless devices for compliance with industry and carrier OTA, LBS, and WiFi standards. We are seeking individuals with strong technical skills.
- OTA testing for wireless devices to CTIA/3GPP/3GPP2 and carrier standards with minimal supervision and under direction of department managers.
- Assumes responsibilities for laboratory testing and project/status tracking to the above required testing on tight schedules while providing peer support to complete projects within deadlines and drive resolutions.
- Provide clear and accurate project status updates to department peers and managers.
- Generate and review laboratory test reports as well as related documentation.
- Contribute to new test plans and new developing technologies and scope expansions.
- Keep abreast of any changes to test plans and schedules that impact our testing requirements (current and future), while contributing to overall team project testing evolution.
- Contribute your unique skill sets to the team.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- AS Degree in Engineering required from an ABET accredited or equivalent institution or higher, Bachelor’s Degree or currently completing Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering, Computer Science, etc.)
- Plus – Experience testing or developing testing methods in the areas of OTA, RF, WiFi, and LBS/E911
- Plus – Working knowledge of Test Equipment (OTA Test Equipment, R&S CWM500, Spirent E2010, LBS and WiFi testers, QXDM and PST tools)
- Ability to quickly comprehend training received for RF technology, certification testing, and RF/OTA testing methods.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good spoken and written English.
- Flexibility and comfort working in quickly changing environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours, overtime and weekend hours as needed.
- Excellent attention to detail is required as well as excellent organizational and communications skills and advanced MS Office skills.
- Ability to occasionally travel temporarily between laboratory (San Jose, CA and Columbia, MD) locations as needed.
Hours: Full time – First and Second Shifts available
Send inquiries to: email@example.com Submission: Resume and Cover letter
Post Expires: Until filled
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org